Apologies to those who may have checked this website in past months, looking for a story fix. PPR is NOT DEAD! No. It is sleeping in a hollowed out tree, waiting for Spring. There are at least seven reasons for this, and they are:
1) We aren’t allowed to use our warehouse any more, for actual legal reals. This is our own fault for breaking the law. But it is also the law’s fault for being made of such stuff that breaks, and doesn’t bend.
2) Pip went to Melbourne for three months! While she was there she and David Finnigan saw many things and got many ideas which will hopefully bubble up to the surface of her own ideas for PPR in ample time.
3) While in Melbourne, Lucy Parakhina, Sam Twyford-Moore, and David Finnigan slapped together a killer graphic PPR in the NGV studio. Pip was not there to see it, but all reports suggested it was fan-bloody-tastic.
4) Now Pip is in Prague learning how to write stories. Turns out they’re pretty hard to write, that they’ve all been written before, but that you should keep going anyway.
5) She has also, apparently, learned how to write about herself in the 3rd person.
6) Come mid-August, Pip will be back, PPR will stretch its legs and gallivant around a new space with renewed zeal. You will even read your story, perhaps! Everything will be back to a different kind of normal. The kind that keeps a group of people on their toes and alive.